Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Friday, August 24, 2007

Found Time

Today I spent the afternoon at a funeral with a friend.
I only met the deceased one time a couple years back.
I still cried.
About the moment I started to feel dumb about that, I heard a close friend's voice in my head telling me that he loves how much I love people...
I didn't waste the time feeling dumb.

Funerals are good things to go to every now and then.
Have you ever noticed it's the one event in our lives where we put down everything, no matter what?
All the daily stuff that we deem so important is so easily put aside when someone dies. Whether it's someone close or just an acquaintance.
Time stops - we linger to fellowship.
I can't think of any other event that can do that.

At my house we call that "found time".
It's time we weren't planning on having.
Time well spent investing in relationships and remembering that our time is limited.

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Joy Ely, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.