Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Thursday, August 23, 2007

I. LOVE. THIS. PLACE.

FINALLY! I'm on campus. :o)
I've been knocking out Gen Ed classes online to save gas and time, but this semester I desperately needed a change, so I decided to take a Major class on campus and have some fun.
That was the best decision I could have made.

I was so nervous, I tossed it - twice - before leaving for campus. I haven't done that in years.
The day was incredible - I am still giddy with the excitement of it all.

It's nerve-wracking being my age in a class of much younger people.
But my first class today went really well.
At one point I sat there mentally pinching myself because this was school - it was official "business"... and we were talking about cartoons!
I was feeling guilty - like I was wasting time, then I thought Wait - this is what I'm supposed to be doing!
Too good to be true.

I can't put it to words.
I walked to Admin and the whole time I was thinking "I . LOVE. THIS. PLACE. I belong here" - just reveling in it and praising God.

I've done my stint in the secular university system.
The contrast here is incredible.
Not only am I understood as an artist, but as a CHRISTIAN artist. They speak my language.
The issue I was most anxious about, I was able to convey because I felt safe enough to.
I left feeling empowered.

I am so in my element. :o)

2 comments:

Juana said...

You're post inspired me, Joy! I live in CA and took all of my Gen Ed and minor classes online. It's always been my dream to transfer to VA so I can take on-campus classes. It didn't work out last year and I was really sad, but I'm coming this year! As nervous as I am, I know that God has called me there.

Joy Manoleros said...

So - are ya here yet?!?!?! :o)

The publisher/owner of this website, Joy Ely, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.