Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

tuesday's child

After a long day at school I was ready to get home to a fire pit, two lawn chairs and my favorite Man. After sitting in bumper-to-bumper tunnel traffic (at 9:30 PM!) I couldn't change clothes fast enough. The sky was bedazzled with stars. We talked about never getting tired of staring at them and how good God is to put them there for us to see. We sipped hot chocolate and talked in whispers. The Man was tempted to talk about serious stuff, but I reminded him tomorrow is another day. We talked about grace and facing whatever comes with courage, knowing in Him we are never alone. We watched flames lick at the logs and listened to it crackle as fall breezes chilled our faces. And we wished we had a fireplace indoors so we could fall asleep without moving anywhere. Sleep came easily, preparing the way for a happy start this Tuesday morning.

Decompression time is so very important to our spirits, yet I don't stop to do it often enough. Experiencing a month of grace has me renewing my efforts to breathe deeply and enjoy the daily stuff I'm tempted to whiz through, even tunnel traffic. Most especially I want to enjoy the people around me even more and ignore the things that continuously try to undermine peace. It's hard. But at the end of the day I want my memories to be of the rich things, the humorous things, the blessings, the sights and sounds of living abundantly.

This grace-filled moment brought to you by Tuesday's Unwrapped, a weekly reminder to enjoy the magic that is life.
tuesdays unwrapped at cats

2 comments:

DANIEL said...

It's a very refreshing message;but looking at the heading my thoughts began to shift to an unborn child.
I thought it was about you and your child.
But i understand it to be between you and your husband,if my guess is right.
Keep on with the good work.

Joy Manoleros said...

I'm sorry Daniel, it was a play on words! It's an old poem "Monday's child is fair of face; Tuesday's child is full of grace..." It was a message of grace. Thanks for reading! I appreciate your insight an comments. :o)

The publisher/owner of this website, Joy Ely, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.