Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

buggy blessings


"Gnite!"
"Sleep tight!"
"Don't let the bed bugs bite!"
This was the ritual at bedtime between my sister and me. We had no idea what a bed bug was, but we'd snuggle under the covers tightly to keep them out, just in case. (does anyone else see the irony in this?!)

Sometimes I hate being a grown-up. I hate knowing so much. It doesn't feel as safe or as simple as pulling the covers tighter around me.
Dealing with real bed bugs has probably ruined it for my future grandchildren. I can hear it now: "Shhh, don't say that! It makes Grandma Joy's face twitch funny."
*sigh*

The first of three treatments by our wonderful exterminator was yesterday.
I woke up this morning and my house feels and smells so fresh. It's probably in my head, but that's okay. The blessing I unwrapped this morning was peace of mind. It's being handled.

And my house is clean for the holidays! :oD

This bug-free morning is brought to you by Tuesday's Unwrapped, a reminder to find the hidden blessings in everyday life.
tuesdays unwrapped at cats

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Joy Ely, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.