Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

an ordinary tuesday

It's just an ordinaryTuesday.
The day started at 5:15 trying to pry teens from their beds after staying up too late, followed by an acid-inducing race to get them to school on time. By time I arrived home my husband had already left for work.
And I didn't get to say good-bye.
It sounds silly, but on this particular morning, in the midst of all that's going on in our lives that small fact cracked the last vestige of my composure. The tears were ready to spill when I walked in a saw a note on top of the mayo I left out. A love note from my husband.

It quickly reminded me of the love notes God sends to me daily. A word here. A lyric there. An act of kindness from a stranger. An unexpected delight. Something silly that makes me smile. The little things He uses to whisper I'm here, and I love you in my ear. The small things that if I told someone they'd look at me like I was nuts. But I recognize them. Straight from His heart to mine. Even on an ordinary Tuesday.

tuesdays unwrapped at cats

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Joy Ely, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.